Deloitte has release the results of the 2008 Survey on the IT Business Balance, CEO’s where asked to give there comments to create the report.
• 25% of respondents said that the main focus of strategic discussions between top management and IT is purely financial;
• less than 25% believe that IT projects will significantly contribute to business growth in the next three years (i.e. projects related to product innovation, take-overs, mergers and a thorough go-to-market strategy);
• 40% of business respondents are rather pessimistic about the success ratio of IT projects and state that one in three projects is not finished within the deadlines or budget;
• 71% of respondents believe that their senior management is more or less comfortable with outsourcing certain activities. This figure is higher than in 2007. However, 38% of companies limit themselves to body shopping and insourcing;
• 30% of respondents state they were never involved in IT-related incidents. One can wonder whether this reflects the reality and whether it is not rather linked to a lack of transparency around incidents.
You can download the report from the Deloitte page.