Thursday, November 02, 2006

Welcome to the war-room

As already mentioned I am currently in the Oslo office to be part of the go-life team of the new ERP system and I will be handling the go-life of the Web Order Management module. For some reason it happened this morning that I was in as one of the first people of the project team who where airlifted into Oslo from Amsterdam.

Some of them already setup yesterday during the day however as I came in around seven in de evening I did not go to the office but went strait to my hotel. So as I came in this morning I did not yet have a desk assigned. Fortunate my local primary contact was able to show me a empty space where I could setup my laptop.

So currently I am located in the basement where they have the local ICT bunker located and where the war room for the central project team is situated for the go-life. For those who have never been to a war-room before a little explanation of what a war-room is. This is the central point of the project, key project persons are located here, planning is done here and meetings are done in this area. It is a central gathering point of all the information and it is the place where most of the decisions are made.

In most cases this is the most hectic place in the building during a major go-life however due to the way the building is setup this room is in this case the most quite place. The building is quite large and involved departments are quite far apart so in every department there are temporarily project offices created and per department they have there own little war room. This leaves the central project team war-room empty most of the time.

If you like to know how in most cases a war room look like, there are some example pictures below just to give you an impression. Remember these are not pictures of the war-room in Oslo at the moment.







No comments: