For the Oracle database there is already for a long time a way of doing this by installing a specific RPM. As this is providing a great way of preparing your environment for the software installation Oracle is also providing a similar mechanism for preparing your environment for the installation of Oracle e-Business suite.
You can install a pre-install RPM for Oracle e-Business Suite 12.1 and 12.2 which you can fetch from the addons channel at ULN. A best practice for creating a new Oracle Linux environment to run Oracle e-Business Suite is to do a minimal installation of Oracle Linux and install the pre-install RPM on top of this. Reason for this is that you will not have unneeded packages and functionality which might cause hindrance at a later stage.
- In essence the pre-install RPM will undertake the following tasks:
- Downloading and installing all software package versions and dependencies required for installing E-Business Suite R12 (12.1, 12.2)
- Creating the users oracle and applmgr for use as owners of the database and application tiers respectively, while setting hard and soft shell resource limits
- Updating kernel parameters in /etc/sysctl.conf to recommended values
- Sets DNS resolver parameters in /etc/resolv.conf to minimum recommended values
- Sets 'numa=off' in the kernel in the kernel commandline
- Disables 'Transparent Huge Pages (THP)' if enabled
For more information on the pre-install RPM’s please refer to the following notes on My Oracle Support: 761566.1 & 1330701.1