Friday, September 01, 2006

ThisNext.com

You might have noticed some advertisement on the menu side of my weblog by now. To give you explanation, this is a new webservice I learned about while listening to the “Inside Silicon Valley” podcast where the creator of ThisNext.com was giving an interview.

ThisNext provides you to search for products by means of tags and a social structure. Something like Pandora.com is doing with music. If you like this product/song you most likely also like this product/song. This is the way it is working and it gives you the option to see what people are buying whom also like products you like. This way you can discover new products and services in a quick and easy way. You also have the option to see what people think about those products.

The side banner that is now on this weblog is showing some of the products that I have recommended and/or are on my whish list. This way I can give the people visiting this weblog some insight in the products I like. I do not know how long this will be there, it is a test, I like to try this for a couple of weeks to see if it is a real gain for this weblog or not.

No comments: